Saturday, March 14, 2015

Rimmel Provocalips 16Hr Kissproof Lip Colour: Review + Swatches

Rimmel Provocalips Review
Hi my lovelies!

So for the past few weeks, all I’ve been hearing and reading about is the new Rimmel Provocalips 16 Hr Kissproof Lip Colours. Since I am a self-proclaimed lipstick addict, obviously I couldn’t resist buying all the available shades at my local drugstore last week!
What made these new lip colors stand out to me so much is that Rimmel markets these as a “Kiss proof, transfer proof, and food proof” lip color. Now ladies, I’m pretty sure most of you can agree with me that one of the worst things about lipstick is getting it all over your coffee mug/significant other/dog’s forehead…Somehow I manage to get it on everyone and everything. Plus, I rarely have the time to check up on my lip color while I’m in class or at work. So having a long-wearing lipstick is something I’m always on the hunt for. 

Rimmel Provocalips Swatches

These new Provocalips lip colors have a double-ended doe foot applicator. It’s designed to be a two step process; the first is the liquid lip color and the second is a lock-in/shine gloss (I should point out that I found the gloss significantly reduced the stickiness of the lip color after I applied it). I really like the packaging because you can clearly see a fairly accurate representation of the color inside. Also, the lip-print packaging on the clear gloss end is an adorable touch that makes me want to display these on my vanity!

I picked up five out of the ten available colors at the Target near my house for $4.99 each. The price for these babies is fantastic; I was able to buy five new liquid lipsticks for only $25 instead of the $20 for an Anastasia of Beverly Hills liquid lipstick or $16 for a Limecrime one!
 
Rimmel Provocalips Swatches

So before I go into each shade, I'd like to quickly touch on what I think of the formula. When you first apply the lip colors, they have a thick, semi-sheer texture. I found that I had to do two coats of the lip color to really get an opaque look. You do have to work kind of fast and be careful about not using too much product, however, because it looked patchy on my lips when I tried to do touch ups after it had dried. Something I didn't like about the texture was that they were very sticky on me when they were drying. Once I put the clear gloss on, the stickiness went away and they felt extremely moisturizing! 

Also, Rimmel was not kidding when they said these were long-wearing! These were so hard to get off my lips; the only thing that worked was using Bio Oil on a cotton pad. So definitely make sure you have an oil based makeup remover to get these off your lips. (The spot where I swatched these on my arm yesterday is still stained too!)

Now on to the lip shades! 

Rimmel Provocalips Skinny Dipping
Rimmel Provocalips Review
  #700 Skinny Dipping - Frosty, light nude brown color. (has slight reflects in it)
 
Rimmel Provocalips I'll Call You
Rimmel Provocalips Review
#200 I'll Call You - Medium bright pink

Rimmel Provocalips Kiss Fatal
#230 Kiss Fatal - Dark plum purple
Kiss Me You Fool Rimmel Provocalips
Rimmel Provocalips Review
#500 Kiss Me You Fool - Vibrant true orange-based red

Rimmel Provocalips Heart Breaker
#750 Heart Breaker - Brick-toned red

My final thoughts and Review: 
Overall I think that these are really good lip products! These obviously aren't the best lipsticks I've ever tried but for $4.99, I'm not complaining. The range of colors is nice (everything from nudes to dark plums) and they are definitely kiss/transfer proof! I highly recommend purchasing one or a few shades if you've been looking for a cheap liquid lipstick. 

Pros:
  • Extremely long-lasting
  • Transfer proof
  • Inexpensive 
  • Nice range of colors
Cons: 
  • Sticky until clear gloss is applied
  • Crumbly after a few hours
  • Hard to remove
Rate: 4/5  


Have you tried any of the Rimmel Provocalips? Comment below with what you thought of them and if you have any other liquid lipstick favorites that I should try (because I have a problem).

No comments:

Post a Comment