Monday, April 6, 2015

How I Got Rid of My Dry Skin - Neutrogena Hydro Boost Review

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Review
If you guys didn't know, I have pretty dry skin. I've dealt with some form of dry skin pretty much my whole life. With the seasons changing really fast here in Northern California, my skin has been absolutely awful the past weeks. I'm talking those dry, flaky patches that make your makeup look bad no matter what you do or what you moisturize with. I pretty much tried every moisturizer out there and nothing worked. Even those heavy duty moisturizing creams weren't helping and I tried a few of them (Ponds, CeraVe, and Olay).

About a week ago (cue music), I was at Target with my boyfriend and I saw a little display for the new Neutrogena Hydro Boost moisturizing gel. Honestly, I'm pretty skeptical when it comes to these gimmicky type products but I was at a point of sheer desperation so I decided to purchase them. I got the Hydro Boost Gel-Cream for Extra Dry Skin for $19.99 and the Hydro Boost Gel-Eye Cream for $17.99.


Neutrogena Hydro Boost Review
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Review

Both of these products have hyaluronic acid in them which is amazing because hyaluronic acid is said to be an amazing ingredient for anti-aging. It is also a humectant that keeps skin plump, full, and hydrated. Plus, some dermatologists say that hyaluronic acid can even help protect against UV damage. They're also oil-free, fragrance-free, dye-free, and non-comedogenic. So basically, these are awesome products for pretty much everyone.

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Review

The gel-cream moisturizer has such a gel-like consistency. It's super light weight and blends so smoothly without looking oily on the skin. Within a few days, the dry patches around my mouth, on my nose, and on my forehead were completely gone! It's very moisturizing without being heavy so I use this twice a day, even under my makeup. I've noticed that it helps my foundation go on a lot smoother as well.

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Review

The eye cream is also really light-weight just like the moisturizer. It blends effortlessly into the skin and doesn't look oily. I suffer from pretty bad dark circles because I don't sleep that much. I'm a total night owl and stay up all night watching Netflix and eating french fries. I found that within a few days my under eye bags were a lot less prominent and my concealer went on a lot easier.

I wish I had taken a before picture of how dry and dull my skin was but, oh well, at least I have an after picture right? Anyway, if you can tell from the super awkward picture, my skin looks so hydrated and radiant! My under eye bags are pretty much nonexistent and I have no dry patches on my skin at all.

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Review
My final thoughts and Review: 
I was so pleasantly surprised with these products! I honestly didn't think I would like these at all, nor did I think they could actually help my dry skin. I also love how easily accessible and inexpensive these products are. Overall I give these two big thumbs up and I know I will definitely be repurchasing these when I run out! 
Pros:
  • Inexpensive 
  • Oil-free and non-comedogenic
  • Actually helps dry skin!
Cons:
Rate: 5/5 
Do you have dry skin or oily skin? What are your holy grail skin-care products? Comment down below if you have any products I should try!

No comments:

Post a Comment