Thursday, April 9, 2015

Maybelline Color Sensational Rebel Bloom Lipstick Review + Swatches

Maybelline Color Sensational Rebel Bloom Lipstick Review

Hi my lovelies!
How are you guys doing today? It's a beautiful day here in Northern California; the sun is finally shining after a weird thunderstorm that blew in. Plus, yesterday I bought a plane ticket to go to Kauai in October!! If you didn't know, Kauai is my absolute favorite place in the entire world. I'm lucky enough to have a family condo there in Kapaa so I'm able to visit fairly cheaply. I'm super happy to be going back, even if I do have to wait for six months.

Anyway! On to what this post is actually about. A few weeks ago I saw an advert on Youtube for the new Maybelline Color Sensational Rebel Bloom lipsticks. The model in the advert was wearing an absolutely stunning lilac lipstick. If you guys didn't know, I dyed my hair purple about two weeks ago so I've recently become obsessed with purple lipstick. I wish I was kidding but within the last two weeks I've purchased 4 new purple lipsticks...4. 4 purple lipsticks in 2 weeks

Maybelline Color Sensational Rebel Bloom Lipstick Review

Since I'm a lisptick addict, of course I didn't just purchase the lilac color from the advert, but four out of the ten shades! I got mine at Target for around $6 each.
I bought the shades Power Peony, Lilac Flush, Orchid Ecstasy, and Coral Burst.

Maybelline Color Sensational Rebel Bloom Lipstick Review

Lets talk about the formula and packaging! The packing for these lipsticks is a typical Maybelline Color Burst lipstick: the chrome tube with a semi-clear colored bullet. The bottom of the lipsticks has a handy swatch of the relative color of each lipstick inside.

The formula is amazing on these. They are so creamy and just slide effortlessly, while still being super pigmented, on the lips. They're all super fun, neon pastel colors that are perfect for the upcoming spring and summer season. I honestly have nothing bad to say about these except the fact that they aren't transfer proof. I was wearing the Lilac Flush color the other day and it came off on my boyfriend's lips really easily when I kissed him goodbye. Otherwise I give these two huge thumbs up!

Maybelline Color Sensational Rebel Bloom Lipstick Review

As you can tell from my arm swatches, these are super bright and pigmented!
I also swatched them on my lips so you could see how the color differs when applied on, rather than just a swatch.
Maybelline Color Sensational Rebel Bloom Lipstick Review - Power Peony
#720 Power Peony - Bright barbie pink
Maybelline Color Sensational Rebel Bloom Lipstick Review - Lilac Flush
#725 Lilac Flush - Blue-based bright lilac purple
Maybelline Color Sensational Rebel Bloom Lipstick Review - orchid Ecstasy
#730 Orchid Ecstasy - Neon fuchsia purple
Maybelline Color Sensational Rebel Bloom Lipstick Review - Coral Burst
#740 Coral Burst - Neon pinky-coral


My final thoughts and Review: 
I absolutely love these lipsticks. The colors are so fun, bright, and perfect for the warmer seasons. They're incredibly creamy and pigmented too! Plus, they're super affordable and the range of colors isn't bad. I would highly recommend purchasing any of these lipstick colors if you're in the market for some fun, bright lipstick shades!
Pros:
  • Fun, pigmented colors
  • Very creamy
  • Inexpensive 
  • Nice range of colors
Cons: 
  • Transfers easily
Rate: 5/5 


What are going to be your go-to lip colors for the spring/summer? Leave a comment down below if there's any fun summer lipstick lipstick shade you think I need to try!

2 comments: