Sunday, April 19, 2015

My Liebster Award Nomination!!

Hi friends!

So today I have kind of a different and exciting post to bring to all of you! I was nominated by the beautiful Aoife from Sakura Beauty to do the Liebster Award Tag.
 
I've never been nominated for this tag before so I'm really excited to answer all these questions and link some other blogs down below! So thank you, Aoife, for the nomination!

Aoife's blog, Sakura Beauty, is an amazing lifestyle/beauty blog. Her posts are all so well written and I love how you can really tell her personality just from reading her posts! She seems like such a sweet girl so I'm very humbled that she nominated me.

 
The Rules to the Liebster Award Tag:

  1. Thank and link the person who nominated you.
  2. Answer the nomiators 11 quesitions.
  3. Nominate 5 small blogs who have less than 200 followers.
  4. Create 11 new questions for your nominees to answer. Remember to notify them via social media or on their blog.
     
Questions:
1)What is your favourite drug store makeup brand?

I'm going to say NYX! I know some people don't necessarily consider NYX to be a drugstore brand but a few of my local drugstores sell their products so I'm going to count it. I love so many of their products; especially their lip pencils and matte lip creams! They're such an incredible price for how nice the quality is. 
 
2)What is your favourite high end makeup brand?

My favorite high end makeup brand is either Benefit of MAC. I love Benefit's packaging plus all of their products are amazing (especially their primers!). I'm a sucker for MAC too though mainly because of their lipsticks. I think they have one of the best lipsticks for any high end brand. They have an amazing color range and amazing pigmentation and formula. 
 
3)What is your best childhood memory?

My best childhood memory was a road trip that I took with my Grandma and my brother. In Northern California, there are a lot of really twisty mountain roads without rails. So basically, if you were to drive off these small roadways you'd plummet hundreds of feet off the side of a cliff. Anyway, I remember my grandma driving SO fast on these roads, just laughing her ass off as my brother and I were screaming. I was in the backseat and somehow was able to clip all three seat-belts on myself because I was so terrified. Looking back, it's one of my favorite memories and it just makes me laugh.
 
4)What are your favourite high street stores?

My favorite "high street" stores have to be H&M and PacSun. I'm a little biased because I work at H&M, but I love all of the clothes there and they're such a good price! PacSun has a lot of really cute boho-inspired clothes and they aren't too expensive which is always a plus!
 
5)What are three skincare products you couldn't live without?

The three skincare products that I couldn't live without would be my Loreal Youth Code serum (for my uneven skin texture), my Neutrogena Hydro Boost eye cream (for my puffy, dark circles), and Tea Tree Oil (for those few pesky acne spots!). You can find all of these items at your local drugstores, too, which is awesome because they're inexpensive and easy to find!
 
6)What is your feel good song?

I couldn't choose one...so I made a playlist instead(:

 
7)Where is your dream holiday destination?

My dream holiday destination is either Ireland or Germany. I'm half German and half Irish so I would absolutely love seeing the places that my ancestors called home. Plus, both Ireland and Germany are absolutely beautiful countries with such rich culture.
 
8)What has been your biggest achievement in life so far?

When I was in middle/high school, I struggled with severe depression, anxiety, self-harm and an eating disorder. I remember being 15 and not knowing if I would ever live to graduate high school. All of my friends knew me as being happy, funny, and energetic but inside I was struggling so hard against myself. It took years to finally accept the help I needed to get better. Now I'm turning 21 in 4 days and I couldn't be happier. My greatest achievement was having the courage to live.

9)Who would play you in a film about your life?
This is such a hard question! The first actress that comes to mind is Kate Winslet. I think she would play me really well mainly because of the role she played in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. She plays a girl named Clementine who is impulsive, loud, and insecure. She embodies every trait I find in myself and I feel like she could play me better than I could even do myself! Also, I think Lana Del Rey could play me (even though she isn't really an actress) because we also have a similar temperament. We're both "chameleon souls". Let's be honest, I would just love to hear my life told from her; her voice is so soothing!

10)What is your favourite fragrance?

My favorite fragrance is Chanel No.5. It's the perfume my mom wears and whenever I smell it, it reminds me of her and of home.

11)What is one quote you live by?
 
"To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don't need to be accepted by others. You just need to accept yourself."


Who I tag:

Chloe from Mojichlo
Gerry Leanne from Floral and Freckled
Laura from Culture Wonder
Coley from Bonjour Coley
Shekin from Shxkin


My Questions to you:
  1. Who are some of your heroes? (can be past or present) 
  2. What are three things you cannot live without? 
  3. Who is your favorite fictional character? 
  4. What is your dream fashion/beauty item that you would love to own? 
  5. Who is your favorite band/singer and why? 
  6. What do you love most about blogging? 
  7. If you could have any superpower, what would it be? 
  8. What is your dream job?  
  9. Any advice to new bloggers?  
  10. What is the first thing you would do if you won the lottery? 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hey babe! nice post u have there! loving all the songs you recommend! :)

    -shxkin.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, gorgeous! I really appreciate the comment(:
      I seriously couldn't pick just one haha; so many songs make me happy right now!! xx

      Delete