Monday, May 4, 2015

Morphe Jaclyn Hill Favorites Palette Review + Swatches

Morphe Jaclyn Hill Favorites Palette Review
It's time! It's finally here! After months of waiting for Morphe to restock this palette, I finally have my claws on it and I am not letting it go.

Just in case any of you didn't know, this limited edition palette was created in collaboration by the cosmetics brand Morphe Brushes and beauty Youtuber Jaclyn Hill. Jaclyn Hill has been one of my favorite beauty Youtubers for the past year or so. She is so personable, gorgeous, and all of her makeup looks are to die for (she is basically the queen of warm eyeshadow looks)! So I knew as soon as I heard about this palette that I needed it in my life.


Plus, even though this is a limited edition palette, you can still by each of these shadows individually on the Morphe Brushes site for just $2 a piece!

I bought it from the Morphe Brushes website for around $30 with shipping. When you think about it, that breaks down to only around $1 per eyeshadow which is an amazing deal considering how nice these eyeshadows are!
Morphe Jaclyn Hill Favorites Palette Review
All of these shadows are such nice quality. They are all incredibly smooth, buttery, and super pigmented. What I loved most is that they are all so pigmented but they aren't so soft that they just fallout everywhere. I had very little fallout, if any at all, with this eyeshadow palette.

This palette has a few different eyeshadow finishes from matte to lustre to shimmer. I was so excited because most palettes tend to leave out the matte shades but this palette has 13 matte shades and 15 shimmery ones! I did find that the matte shadows took maybe one more swipe than the others to get the same intense pigmentation, however.
Morphe Jaclyn Hill Favorites Palette Review
Jaclyn Hill Favorites Palette Row 1
(First Row) Swatches from Left to Right
ES4: Off white (frost)
ES54: Peachy gold shimmer (lustre)
ES6: Peachy gold brown (matte)
ES76: Champagne beige (shimmer)
ES64: Warm toned brown (velvet)
ES14: Vivid rusty orange (matte) - This is such a unique shade; I'm excited to play around with it.
ES75: Shiny rust gold (shimmer)
Morphe Jaclyn Hill Favorites Palette Review
Jaclyn Hill Favorites Palette Row 2
(Second Row) Swatches from Left to Right
ES67: Duo-chrome peachy pink (pearl)
ES13: Warm milky chocolate brown (satin)
ES62: Medium taupe brown (matte)
ES63: Medium cool brown (matte)
ES20: Warm metallic brown (shimmer) - I literally gasped when I swatched this...so pigmented!!
ES47: Yellow-orange metallic gold (shimmer)
ES66: Vivid coral (matte) - Another gorgeous, unique color.
Morphe Jaclyn Hill Favorites Palette Review
Jaclyn Hill Favorites Palette Row 3
(Third Row) Swatches from Left to Right
ES33: Light peachy pink (pearl)
ES68: Metallic fuchsia (shimmer)
ES16: Muted pink toned brown (satin) - my perfect transition/crease color!
ES15: Light golden brown (matte)
ES61: Light taupe brown (matte)
ES24: Dark red toned brown (matte)
ES74: Warm copper (shimmer)

Morphe Jaclyn Hill Favorites Palette Review
Jaclyn Hill Favorites Palette Row 4
(Fourth Row) Swatches from Left to Right
ES11: Orange copper (veluxe pearl) - so buttery and pigmented!
ES59: Vibrant magenta (matte)
ES38: Duo-chrome purple (lustre)
ES53: Dark grape purple (pearl)
ES48: Deep jewel toned purple (shimmer)
ES71: Deep maroon red (matte) - my favorite color in the whole palette!
ES19: Forest green with shimmer (lustre)

My favorite shades in this palette are ES14, ES20, ES16, and ES7!

My final thoughts and Review:
I freaking love this palette. I can't get over how inexpensive this palette was for how amazing the quality of the eyeshadow are. Each eyeshadow is so smooth, buttery, and pigmented. I also love how warm-based this palette is because I personally have a pretty yellow undertone in my skin. 
I also think it's a huge plus how you can buy these shades individually. Since this palette was limited edition, you can still at least buy your favorite shades and put them in a z-palette!

Pros:
  • Very pigmented
  • Nice range of colors and eyeshadow finishes
  • Inexpensive
  • Can buy individual colors
Cons:
  • Limited edition
  • No matte highlight color
  • Cheap packaging  


What are your thoughts on this palette? Any colors that you absolutely love?

No comments:

Post a Comment