Monday, June 15, 2015

Colourpop Super Shock Eyeshadows Review + Swatches

Colourpop Review & Swatches
If you keep up with any online beauty community, you have probably heard of Colourpop Cosmetics. Colourpop Cosmetics is an online company that has absolutely gorgeous products for super affordable prices. By affordable, I mean I got 8 crazy-pigmented eyeshadows for only $30 (with their $5 newsletter coupon, free shipping, and their limited edition birthday shadow for free).

Each of their super shock eyeshadows, lippie stix, and lippie pencils are only $5 each. Their blushes, bronzers, and highlighters are only $8 a piece. I've only ever tried their eyeshadows but I've heard nothing but amazing things about all of their other products.

Plus, like I mentioned earlier, if you sign up for their newsletter you get $5 off your first purchase and all shipping for orders over $30 is always free.

Colourpop Review & Swatches

Packaging
All of their orders come in a nicely packaged box with the "Colourpop" logo on it. Everything was packaged very securely as well so nothing arrived damaged.Each order comes with a cute handwritten note too which is such an adorable and personal touch!

Texture & Application
The texture for these eyeshadows is so strange!! It's not a powder...not really a cream...it feels almost like a mousse but applies like a powder? I don't even know how to explain it, it's so strange. They are so incredibly soft, creamy, and apply like a dream/ They blend out so effortlessly as well; I am totally in love with them and can't wait to order more shades.
Colourpop Birthday Girl Swatch
Shade: Birthday Girl (limited edition)

Shades
Colourpop's Super Shock eyeshadows come in a bunch of different finishes. They come in: Satin, Matte, Metallic, Ultra Metallic, Pearlized, and Pressed Pigments. I purchased mainly matte shades, 1 ultra metallic, and 2 metallic shades.
Colourpop Review & Swatches
From L/R: Liberty, Bill, Hanky Panky, Birthday Girl, On the Rocks, Bandit, Shop, Hustle
Liberty (ultra metallic): Intense metallic liquid silver
Bill (matte): Muted beige-plum
Hanky Panky (matte): Soft cool-toned taupe
Birthday Girl (Limited Edition) (metallic): Muted brown with bronze and gold shimmer
On the Rocks (metallic): Vibrant true bronze with gold and violet shimmer
Bandit (matte): Warm rust brown
Shop (matte): Vibrant rusty coral
Hustle (matte): Burgundy violet 

Colourpop Liberty Swatch
Crease: Bill | Outer V/browbone: Naked 2 Palette | Lid: Liberty

I think my favorite shade that I purchased definitely has to be Liberty. It is such a beautiful true silver that applies like a dream.

My final thoughts and Review
Colourpop Cosmetics get two huge thumbs up for me. Not only are they brilliant shadows but they are actually affordable. For only $5 you get pigmentation and blendability just as good as all of my MAC and higher end shadows. I can't wait to buy more and add to my Colourpop collection! 

Pros:
  • Affordable
  • Huge range of colors/finishes
  • Very blendable and creamy
  • Super pigmented
Cons:
  • Can only buy online

 
Have you ever tried any colourpop shadows? What are your favorites/must haves from Colourpop?

2 comments:

  1. My new obsession! I love Colourpop eyeshadows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right!! I'm so obsessed with everything from Colourpop right now xx

      Delete