Monday, June 29, 2015

The Best Drugstore Lip Liners! - NYX Slim Lip Pencils Review + Swatches

NYX Slim Lip Pencils Review + Swatches

It's probably no secret that I am hopelessly obsessed with lip products, especially lipstick. Since I am a self-proclaimed lipstick hoarder who loves to overdraw her lips, I obviously need to own a fair amount of lip liners.

I own lip liners from pretty much every brand out there: Urban Decay, MAC, Rimmel, Maybelline, Jordana, Kat Von D, etc. Even though my high end brand lip liners are all amazing, I find myself gravitating towards one certain brand: NYX. Their Slim Lip Pencils especially have become my favorite lip liners above all the other ones in my collection.

NYX Slim Lip Pencils Review + Swatches
Top to Bottom: Plum, Hot Red, Fuchsia, Dolly Pink, Mahogany, Pale Pink
The best part about these lip liners, besides the formula, is the price. One of these lip liners from Ulta is only $3.49 compared to a MAC lip pencil at $16 (that's over 4x the price of one NYX liner)!


The formula itself is so creamy and pigmented. I find that I can really made a defined line around my lips and my lipstick stays on a long time without wearing off or feathering. These pencils remind me a lot of the Urban Decay lip liners in how soft and easy these are to use. Plus, they come in 27 shades from nude to black so there is a nice range to choose from!

I have six colors in my collection so far but I'm totally going to go crazy and buy all of them whenever my Ulta restocks them!

NYX Slim Lip Pencils Review + Swatches
 #SPL854 Pale Pink - Cool toned nudey-pink
NYX Slim Lip Pencils Review + Swatches
 #SPL839 Dolly Pink - Blue based "barbie" pink
NYX Slim Lip Pencils Review + Swatches
 #SPL816 Fuchsia - Bright neon pink
NYX Slim Lip Pencils Review + Swatches
#SPL812 Plum - Deep purple-red
NYX Slim Lip Pencils Review + Swatches
 #SPL817 Hot Red - Classic blue-based red
NYX Slim Lip Pencils Review + Swatches
#SPL809 Mahogany - Deep brown-red

My final thoughts and Review:
I absolutely love these lip liners! They're everything I want: inexpensive, ultra pigmented, and keep my lipstick on without feathering. I just wish they were automatic and didn't need to be sharpened (because I'm lazy).
Pros:
  • Very pigmented
  • Nice range of colors
  • Inexpensive
  • Keeps lipstick from feathering
Cons: 
  • Need a sharpener/not automatic 
Have you ever tried any of the NYX lip liners? Comment down below if you have any other favorite lip liners that I should try out!

    2 comments:

    1. I need to try these, especially "hot red!" I'm so late on the bandwagon
      xo

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You really should, Aoife! They are seriously amazing! xx

        Delete